Have you ever set up Google Voice with your iPhone? Well if you ever want to stop Google Voice from being your iPhone’s default voicemail then follow these simple steps:
- To deactivate forwarding and return to regular visual voicemail enter ##61# and hit call.
- If you are on AT&T in the United States and you not only want to deactivate regular voicemail but your busy voicemail as well, enter ##004# and hit call.
In case you are asking why?, well lets just say Google Voice is not all that it is cracked up to be.
UPDATE 2/13/12: This article gets quite a few hits. I wrote this back in 2010 before the iPhone made its way to Verizon and Sprint. I am not sure how to remove Google Voice from those networks as I do not own an iPhone on the networks. Sorry if this does not help you in your quest.
UPDATE 12/8/12: I discovered how to deactivate Google Voice on Verizon and Sprint. For Verizon dial *73 and for Sprint dial *38. I hope this answers some of the questions from others seeking help on the other two major carriers in the United States.
Latest posts by JT Ray (see all)
- Delete Junk Message When in Mail App - May 3, 2016
- Apple’s iPhone 6s Smart Battery Case Review - April 11, 2016
- Regain Access to the Previous Version of Disk Utility in El Capitan - January 4, 2016